• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If I declare my dividend with 7th Apr 2011 and pay myself with a cheque dated also

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I declare my dividend with 7th Apr 2011 and pay myself with a cheque dated also

Am I true is saying that if I declare my dividend with 7th Apr 2011 and pay myself today a net dividend amount with a cheque dated today the tax liability on this dividend will be reset, so say with this amount I pay myself £22,500 net dividend I won't be charged the higher rate of dividend tax ??

I would expect the £22,500 net dividend to fall into the £35,000 lower rate of dividend tax threshold for tax year 2011-2012 i.e. the 10% tax credit range. (the gross dividend on my £22,500 actually being £25,000).

thanks for any confirmation of this.
    Last edited by sbakoola; 7 April 2011, 03:42.

You've got the gross dividend calculation right. Keeping it simple, provided your other gross income is less than £17,475 (£42,475 - £25,000) in this tax year, the actual personal tax liability is zero.

Comment

Working...
    X