• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why don't we name and shame Agents?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I know its all down to personal experience, who you speak to on the day in which office etc but why do we never share bad expereinces with Pimps?

Recently there has been a few subtle intimations that Agent XXX is screwing me over, Agent YYY is being unreasonable, Shirley its a good idea to at least let other people know otherwise they will just keep walking over us and will never learn that they need us as much as we need them.

Would a better bet be to share GOOD expereinces of Agents?
    Last edited by SimonMac; 7 April 2011, 11:03.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

I've moved past the point of whining and bitching about agents.

Some are good, some are bad. Take the rough with the smooth.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I think CUK don't want to get sued.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I think CUK don't want to get sued.
        Not likely to get sued for posting positive stuff - why not reverse it and have a list of "good experiences" rather than naming and shaming the bad.....It'll probably be a smaller list too
        "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
        SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
          Not likely to get sued for posting positive stuff - why not reverse it and have a list of "good experiences" rather than naming and shaming the bad.....It'll probably be a smaller list too
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            I thought that might happen
            "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
            SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Back in the depths of time. I had a 3 month contract via an agency.

About 12 months after the end of that, the client contacted me to do a bit more work. Only problem was - and they were very apologetic - that they'd only budgeted exactly the same as they were paying the agency for me last time.

which meant: I got what I'd previously been getting, plus the agent's markup (60%)*, plus what had been the VAT (I wasn't registered for it at the time)**.

That's the only time a contract involving an agency ever went well for me.

*i.e. agent had been on 37.5% margin
              ** so I wasn't invoicing for it as VAT. Lord knows what was going on at their end.

Comment

which meant: I got what I'd previously been getting, plus the agent's markup (60%)*, plus what had been the VAT (I wasn't registered for it at the time)**.
                So he can go on the 'Name and Fame' list. Quite a result that

I am assuming here he is still in a job of course!
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Because they have more money to spend on lawyers than we do.

Or maybe because they are all tulipe.
                  Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Shirley its a good idea
                    Don't call me Shirley!

Surely there's a better name out there?
                    And on the eighth day God said, "Okay, Murphy, you're in charge!"

Comment

Working...
                    X