• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are you doing this weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you doing this weekend?

I just bought one of these:

I've had a go on someone else’s in light winds a few months back but the guy who is supposed to show me what to do is away for the weekend.

The forecast says lots of wind, wish me luck.
    Last edited by gingerjedi; 28 April 2011, 14:50.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

I will be decluttering and otherwise chilling out.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I'm going to a wedding at some Abbey in London.

Do you think a toaster would be a good gift?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I'm going to a wedding at some Abbey in London.

Do you think a toaster would be a good gift?
        better;

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Tennis
          Golf

and playing with my new toy:

Comment

Edging up my flower borders and trimming my private hedge

Comment

May dance on Saturday, and buy a shed load of shirts from the local Supermarket. Quite a few shirts got ruined from mildew stains Took a longtime to work out where the friggin brown spots came from. Last year had quite a few short sleeved shirts ruined, because to avoid the brown spots, which I thought was dripping gunge from somewhere in the bathroom I hung them up outside the bathroom where there was even more mildew ,some had great big splodges on them.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Picking up ladyfriend from Airport - picnic tomorrow and out to the pub Friday night. Saturday am / pm - London Zoo and trip down the Thames, evening she's cooking. Sunday - out walking / Sunday lunch / clothes purchases / she's doing my ironing - Monday am stuff - pm Airport.

Bing!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  May dance on Saturday, and buy a shed load of shirts from the local Supermarket. Quite a few shirts got ruined from mildew stains Took a longtime to work out where the friggin brown spots came from. Last year had quite a few short sleeved shirts ruined, because to avoid the brown spots, which I thought was dripping gunge from somewhere in the bathroom I hung them up outside the bathroom where there was even more mildew ,some had great big splodges on them.
                  Do you have a bathroom window?

My first winter in my present spot I got a large stain on the ceiling and called the landlord in to inspect it because I thought it was a leak from the apartment upstairs (the guy who had that spent most of his time in the Far East). Nope, no leak; it was condensation. I now leave the window open for a while after having a bath or shower, even in the depths of winter.

Tomorrow at work. Crash course on SQL Server if I can find a decent tutorial. Newspaper recycling day - they come at ~6 am on Saturday, so it's best dealt with on Friday night.

For the rest of the weekend it depends on the weather.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Flying one of these

Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X