• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Invoicing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invoicing

Hi Guys,

One of my bosses sometime ago suggested I place a 'Payments must be made within 14 days' clause at the bottom of the invoice.

My Q is can I decrease the time ? To 7 working days for example ?

Originally posted by sha512 View Post
    Hi Guys,

One of my bosses sometime ago suggested I place a 'Payments must be made within 14 days' clause at the bottom of the invoice.

I think the standard is 30 days by law, its not cricket to do any less although payment terms should be in the contract rather than left just on the invoice
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

You can put what you like on there, its your invoice....

You could put "Payments must be made within 21 seconds of receipt of this invoice, in cash - used notes only" if you really wanted to.

As above though, pretty meaningless if your contract states payment terms are 30 days....
      Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by sha512 View Post

As the others have said your payment terms should match your contract terms. You can put them on the invoice I always do as it's a remainder to me more than anything else.

It may be worth having a look at Pay on Time to give you an idea of what you can do if you have a difficult late payer.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

agree with above.. in my case, the contract states that I will be paid 15 days after acceptance of the invoice/approval of timesheet.
          That being said.. I think it also depends on how your relationship is with your agency. In my wife's case, even though the payment terms are every 30 days, they offered to pay her every 2 weeks for the first month, to cover the expenses for setting up the company etc. After that it was regular 30 days. Also, as far my experience goes with my agency, the client always pays the agency after 30,45 or even 60 days. So its the agency which actually pays you first from their pocket, and they get re-imbursed later by the client for the work you have done. This might not actually pertain to your question.. but then it is new concept to me, that you can alter contract terms by mentioning the pay date on invoice..
          I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

I put 'payment due on receipt of invoice'.
            Ive only done a few ad-hoc work, but make sure I am aware
            of the agencies payment policy & terms.

Comment

Working...
            X