• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Favourite Quotes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Quotes

In the long run we are all dead.
    John Maynard Keynes
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

I think that the best quote was in your signature. I just love Thomas Jefferson. He also said,

Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper.
    Live fast. Die young. Leave a beautiful body of code. The following are not active yet:
    Small business accounting downloads Accounts software free downloads UK Invoicing free software Smith Family Crest Coat of Arms Shield Baggs Family

Comment

To do is to be - Sarte

To be is to do - Satire

DoBeDoBeDo - Sinatra

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

"The new is in the old concealed. The old is in the new revealed"
        - St Augustine

"Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature."
        - St Augustine

"The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell"
        - St Augustine

"Oh God give me chastity, but not just yet"
        - St Augustine
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

All those moments will be lost in time. Like tears in rain. Time to die.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

A popular man arouses the jealousy of the powerful.

* Thufir Hawat
            Me, me, me...

Comment

"It's like a penis, but smaller!"

Sy02
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. - GBS

The avoidance of taxes is the only intellectual pursuit that still carries any reward. - Keyes

If you can count your money then you are not really a rich man. Dim Prawn

Comment

My Lunch

Comment

Not now, silent singer
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                    X