• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sheds with beds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheds with beds

Garages, sheds, any spare space being used to house people. Presumably all uncounted too, as the Tories like it.

BBC News - Concerns over 'sheds with beds' in Slough

I received a letter the other day from a company representing overseas "students" or some-such asking if I had a spare room that could be rented out to one or multiple occupants.

Think renting out a couple of rooms might be a good plan c. Mon - Fri rents like this are popping up.

Rent a Room Monday to Friday
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Right.

That's next doors cats expelled from the tin shed.

Where do I find a dozen poles to rent it to?
      You've already got some pavlova eating druggie in there, no?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Right.

That's next doors cats expelled from the tin shed.

Where do I find a dozen poles to rent it to?
        Try the local "Hand Car Wash" operation.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Having caught part of that TV report, my first thought was why can't the council jobsworths mind their own beeswax? It's hard enough for most people to pay council tax without them trying to extract more, which obviously all that interests them.

Everyone is at it though - In North Acton where I'm working, Tescos is crowded with people jabbering in German and Italian, which seemed a bit odd until it occurred to me that lots of flats in nearby tower blocks must be letting out rooms to tourists and short stay visitors. Good luck to them I say - enterprise at its best!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
          X