• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you been apprearing for any interviews?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you been apprearing for any interviews?

What do recruitment consultants want to hear when they ask "Have you been apprearing for any interviews?", or "How has been your job search going on so far?"
    What answer will make me sound enthusiastic about the opportunity they have?

Originally posted by Sid View Post
    What do recruitment consultants want to hear when they ask "Have you been apprearing for any interviews?", or "How has been your job search going on so far?"
    What answer will make me sound enthusiastic about the opportunity they have?
    They want the name of a hiring manager they can pester with calls.

Comment

The charitable view is they're trying to guage if you will be available for the role they're resourcing.

The realistic view is they're fishing for info on which companies are actively looking for resource and if they can extract an interviewers name all the better.

Comment

Just say: "I've only just started my job search so nothing as yet".

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          Just say: "I've only just started my job search so nothing as yet".
          WCS.

Every time.

And if they follow with "but I need to know so that I don't submit you for a role with the same company", tell them "Do not submit me without telling me. Tell me first about the role."

Comment

It is mainly a case of them trying to get leads out of you, so don't get too hung up on this one.

I like to taunt them with "a couple of things, but I wouldn't want to bore you with the details at this early stage".

Comment

Recruiters calling from "private numbers"

I suppose I will just stop picking up calls from "private numbers"....

Comment

I have a burn phone that I put a new PAYG sim card in everytime I start looking for a new contract, once on the gig I throw the sim card away
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I keep getting these calls, got 2 this morning, about 5 yesterday and some the day before that. When they first started phoning I was well chuffed, I thought I would have a new contract in no time, but then I realised that they were just fishing for info. Now I've just stopped answering them.

Comment

Not really practical that.

I simply deflect the question with something along the lines of being sure that they wouldn't appreciate me discussing opportunities they're putting me forwards for with other agencies so I extend that courtesy to them. If they bog off then you know they were just fishing and it's not worth talking to them.

Comment

Working...
                    X