• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which tax year does a delayed March invoice payment go on...?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which tax year does a delayed March invoice payment go on...?

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice on whether I'll be required to fill out a tax return next year. Here's the situation:

I asked for my resignation to be processed from the umbrella company I was using at the start of March (my invoices were sent on the last working day of the month), so that I could begin using a PAYE umbrella from April.

For some reason that resignation wasn't processed properly, so I received an email the other day asking if I wanted to continue using my previous umbrella, since I hadn't invoiced them since end of March.

I don't know whether this was the reason my resignation hadn't been processed, but it turns out that this umbrella company hadn't received funds for my March invoice from my agency and after some investigation last week they cleared on 13/05. According to my agency I can't have those funds sent back and then paid through my new PAYE scheme, so I'm wondering if an invoice for March, which will probably end up getting paid in June would require me to fill in a tax return.

Thanks in advance

The year you received the money.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
    X