• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VAT652 - how to fill in

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT652 - how to fill in

I need to complete VAT652 form due to some mistakes in previous VAT return, but not really sure is i complete it right. Can anyone help to complete it correctly?
    "Period reference" - should it be 1/11 - 03/11, if the return was for the period 1 jan 2011 - 31 march 2011?
    "Amount of errors" just a difference between submitted VAT and VAT due?
    "Briefly tell us the full amount of the error(s) and explain how and why the error(s) arose." - do you have any eample of how detailed this should be?
    Do i need to mention here the correct value of "Total value of sales and all other outputs excluding any VAT" (box 6 of VAT return) . Apparently there is no any other field on the form where this can be mentioned, so not sure if to include this here.
    Thanks in advance!

Accountant or phone HMRC?

I fecked up the submission once and paid £123.45 in tax for one period instead of £1123.45 one phone call to HMRC later and it was sorted.

Contrary to popular belief HMRC are not dragons when you're trying to sort something out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      Accountant or phone HMRC?

I fecked up the submission once and paid £123.45 in tax for one period instead of £1123.45 one phone call to HMRC later and it was sorted.

Contrary to popular belief HMRC are not dragons when you're trying to sort something out.
      I'd agree actually. The only thing they do get fire breathed about is trying to delay payment, with regards VAT....

Comment

Originally posted by Goggy View Post
        I need to complete VAT652 form due to some mistakes in previous VAT return, but not really sure is i complete it right. Can anyone help to complete it correctly?
        "Period reference" - should it be 1/11 - 03/11, if the return was for the period 1 jan 2011 - 31 march 2011?
        "Amount of errors" just a difference between submitted VAT and VAT due?
        "Briefly tell us the full amount of the error(s) and explain how and why the error(s) arose." - do you have any eample of how detailed this should be?
        Do i need to mention here the correct value of "Total value of sales and all other outputs excluding any VAT" (box 6 of VAT return) . Apparently there is no any other field on the form where this can be mentioned, so not sure if to include this here.
        Thanks in advance!
        If the error is less than £10,000 just make the adjustment on your June VAT return.

Comment

Working...
        X