• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK tax when working in Netherlands

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK tax when working in Netherlands

Hello

I am considering to apply for contract roles in Netherlands.
    Reading these forums on Dutch taxation, I see the 30% rule is mentioned for expats.

Assuming, the contract earns 1000, and employer contribution of Social Security is 100. (Just making up figures here)

Out of 900, 30% is tax-free , leaving a taxable income of 630 in Netherlands.

In the Dutch equivalent of P60, what will be mentioned as income - 630 or 900?

In the UK, which one will be considered as the taxable income? 630 or 900?

Thanks
    Alan

Originally posted by contractoralan View Post
    Hello

I am considering to apply for contract roles in Netherlands.
    Reading these forums on Dutch taxation, I see the 30% rule is mentioned for expats.

Assuming, the contract earns 1000, and employer contribution of Social Security is 100. (Just making up figures here)

Out of 900, 30% is tax-free , leaving a taxable income of 630 in Netherlands.

In the Dutch equivalent of P60, what will be mentioned as income - 630 or 900?

In the UK, which one will be considered as the taxable income? 630 or 900?

Thanks
    Alan
    Hi,

1000 is total gross (incl employers part)
    900 is gross employee ---> 900 is taxable income

The 30% rule is just a tax benefit . It does not influence your gross salary, only your nett is higher.
    rgds,
    Justme

Comment

Working...
    X