• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Share Dealing account?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Share Dealing account?

So I have gained a little bit of exposure to the markets investing via my ISA, and I would like invest more, privately.
    I am interested in the following: low fees, access to funds, ETF and other derivatives and direct access to volatile foreign stock exchanges: Japan, Brazil etc.

Hi,

Don't think you are going to find a cheap broker giving you direct access to volatile foreign shares at low cost with tight spreads. A lot of volatile markets are very illiquid or require very large transaction values.

I've found TD Waterhouse to offer the most markets at low cost.

TD Waterhouse International Trading Service

Some stocks might also trade as ADR shares on other exchanges, and of course there a thousands of ETF's now too.

HTH

Comment

Thanks!

In the end I'm thinking might not need that much functionality - I just want to trade beyond the ISA limits, but looking good definitely.

Comment

self trade all the way

Comment

Originally posted by xchaotic View Post
          Thanks!

In the end I'm thinking might not need that much functionality - I just want to trade beyond the ISA limits, but looking good definitely.
          Take a look at Interactive Investor.

Comment

have a look at Interactive Brokers Electronic Access Trading, Stocks, Options, Futures, Forex, Bonds, Funds
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Hi,

Don't think you are going to find a cheap broker giving you direct access to volatile foreign shares at low cost with tight spreads. A lot of volatile markets are very illiquid or require very large transaction values.

I've found TD Waterhouse to offer the most markets at low cost.

TD Waterhouse International Trading Service

Some stocks might also trade as ADR shares on other exchanges, and of course there a thousands of ETF's now too.

HTH
              WDPS. I was with TDW for some years, got out after a bad beating a few years back.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
              X