• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody Daily Mail Outrage!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody Daily Mail Outrage!!!

Mrs MF has been bending my ear about 'paying' for a green waste bin. She's been like a child going in about it. You also have to pay for the fooking bin in the first place. We live three miles from a tip and anyway I pay 2grand council tax. She said it was 35 quid a year and fifty for the bin.

After about the twelfth time I just said 'oh just fooking have it'

Just opened up today's Mail in the pub and lo and behold is an article in green bins. What's more it's headline is '£113 charge... Just to take your green bins'

£113 that's expensive thinks I. Ours is £35.

No it freaking isn't. The headline is about my local council. The lying bitch!!!!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Strata Garden Composter - Tesco.Direct
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Then when you need some compost for your garden they'll happily sell you your rotted tulip back.

Comment

COme round to mine and you can take one away for free.

I have a green one, a blue one, two brown ones and a purple one. I could be recycling for a decade to make up for the amount of bin plastic I have in my garden.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Mrs MF has been bending my ear about 'paying' for a green waste bin. She's been like a child going in about it. You also have to pay for the fooking bin in the first place. We live three miles from a tip and anyway I pay 2grand council tax. She said it was 35 quid a year and fifty for the bin.

After about the twelfth time I just said 'oh just fooking have it'

Just opened up today's Mail in the pub and lo and behold is an article in green bins. What's more it's headline is '£113 charge... Just to take your green bins'

£113 that's expensive thinks I. Ours is £35.

No it freaking isn't. The headline is about my local council. The lying bitch!!!!
          We are currently listeneing to terrible tunes - try D.I.V.O.R.C.E
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Mine was £0. Though that's for the brown bin, which is for the green waste. The green bin is for the stuff that goes in landfill, or the non-green waste.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

What goes in the green bin?

Comment

Our council charged for this service and per bag. (£35?).

I wrote back and said no thanks. They then sent me a very official looking form demanding what I was going to do with my garden waste instead. I just wrote back one line saying "I'll just use my neighbour's".

Didn't get any more demands after that.

We've got about 10 different types of bins for different recycling activities..FFS, what am I? A bloody recycling and processing business!?!?

Nah, as soon as all the shiny new bins and bags arrived on my drive, I simply recycled them...and dumped them in the big black bin. Problem solved.

And the binmen love me - just one black bin to carry!
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                X