• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changing the Subject...: Who's got a Satellite Navigator

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the Subject...: Who's got a Satellite Navigator

just invested in a TomTom 300, should double the value of the Skoda.

Who's got what and did I buy a duffer ?

Milan.

Should of asked me first milan, tomtom being one of ...

anyways I could of told you there is a much better one out in a few days, that's why the price is dropping on that model.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I've got an IPAQ with Copilot and a bluetooth gps ... idea being that I could take it on walkabout etc... gps is solar powered (gets about 30hrs out of it)

I'd probably go for an all in one unit now ... simpler to setup etc

does the tomtom300 do speed camera warnings? (if not - www.poihandler.com / poiwarner - setup on a friends medion the other day, looks pretty good)

the copilot software is a bit crap ... allows web-based vehicle tracking and web messaging via gprs mind - tomtom seems to be the best nav software ...

Comment

I've got a TT300 and its great - have you got the speed camera POI databases loaded on as well ? (you can get them for free)
        Only a slight niggle with mine in that the maps dont seem to be that up to date - eg. it says there are roundabouts where there the council have ripped them out in favour of a T junction - but other than that for the money I dont think you can beat it.

(you can also download new comedy voices - Yoda was the funniest I heard, but decided against it as it would very quickly p155 me off !! - funny though)

Comment

I've got common sense and the AA map that presented to me as a gift when I passed driving test (from first try btw).

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            I've got common sense and the AA map that presented to me as a gift when I passed driving test (from first try btw).
            Does that give you blow-by-blow directions all the way from my place near Copenhagen all the way to my place in Switzerland and suggest alternate routes to go around road works and jams etc. and when you get lost shows you where to go by foot back to the car park?

Gosh.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
              Does that give you blow-by-blow directions all the way from my place near Copenhagen all the way to my place in Switzerland and suggest alternate routes to go around road works and jams etc. and when you get lost shows you where to go by foot back to the car park?

Gosh.
              I don't always want to know where I'm going anyway.

Comment

Gosh.
                should do...

Comment

Does that give you blow-by-blow directions all the way
                  I like driving - its good change of routine and can be used to relax and think freely, as for traffic jams - its only big deal if you have nothing to think over.

Comment

Gosh.
                    Took a road trip through Switzerland last year and the two people with satnav in their cars were trying to take us over a bridge which hadn't opened yet, whereas I was there with a map saying "look we're here, we need to go that way".
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X