• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accomodation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accomodation

Hey all...

I'm scouting around for my first contract as a Test Analyst and I have a few positive leads. Most are away from S Wales wher I live and was wondering if anyone knows of any decent websites where I can search for cheap accomodation.

thanks in advace

If you find yourself in the Thames Valley give me a PM as I know a couple of people who want Mon-Fri lodgers to help with the mortgage

Comment

welshy - drop me a PM - I only recruit testers

Comment

its a good idea to check the local paper of the area you intend to contract in if its away from home...
        also the local tourist board is normally happy to help...
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Have you considered entering "rental accommodation" followed by a place name in Google?

My normal MO is to book a local Hotel for a couple of weeks and ask the other contractors what is about. Visit local estate agents. Pick up the local rag and check out the to let section look out for letting notice boards and ring the numbers.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I agree with TLG. Book a cheap hotel on tinternet for a fortnight and see what the local area is really like - if you don't know the area you could end up in a complete hole miles away from any entertainment. Find out where everyone else is staying.

Comment

Originally posted by SAPBoy
              I agree with TLG. Book a cheap hotel on tinternet for a fortnight and see what the local area is really like - if you don't know the area you could end up in a complete hole miles away from any entertainment. Find out where everyone else is staying.
              CHEAP? who said anything about cheap? I am a highly paid professional, I dont stay in cheap hotels.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

It leaves more money for the exclusive gentlemens clubs that are found near airport hotels.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                  CHEAP? who said anything about cheap? I am a highly paid professional, I dont stay in cheap hotels.
                  Well said that man.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

try www.easyroommate.com - it's got a section for the UK, a mix between genuine spare rooms as well as bedsits

Comment

Working...
                    X