• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in Israel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting in Israel

Hi all,

Has anyone worked in Israel?

I understand they have double taxation treaties with the UK and Germany but I could do with knowing a bit more.

What sort of business structure should I use i.e. can I trade through a UK ltd or as a German "freiberufler" or do I need some local structure.

I assume I need a work permit, I also assume these will get sorted by the end client

Do I register and pay tax locally? If so what are the rates like?

TIA for any help, even links to somewhere that has an overview of how it works from a contractor / self employed perspective would be handy.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

All I can say is that both times I worked there were for very short periods. I billed an American company who paid into my German bank account. Sent the invoices to my accountant who worked out the $-EUR (and Shekels-€ for expenses) rate, passed it on to the Finanzamt and got taxed as I normally do (as a Freibrufler.) I'm probably going to do some more work for an Israeli company soon, this time invoicing them direct so I'm looking into that area as well. I'll see what my accountant says.

I do remember I had to have a letter of introduction stating what I was doing in Israel...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      All I can say is that both times I worked there were for very short periods. I billed an American company who paid into my German bank account. Sent the invoices to my accountant who worked out the $-EUR (and Shekels-€ for expenses) rate, passed it on to the Finanzamt and got taxed as I normally do (as a Freibrufler.) I'm probably going to do some more work for an Israeli company soon, this time invoicing them direct so I'm looking into that area as well. I'll see what my accountant says.

I do remember I had to have a letter of introduction stating what I was doing in Israel...
      Cool, thanks.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
      X