• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Complaint Lodged

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complaint Lodged

Some people are so precious. The world is full of sensitive bengers.

During a call today the Six Sigma guy stated that the only way to get the information they needed out of the CRM was to have someone read the free text in every ticket and interpret it into a classification of call. The CRM already has classifications but the latest client wants these reported for service credits differently to how the system shows them.

The system is out of the box and so can be configured.

So they had a two day workshop, didn't align the business requirements to the system and more importantly didn't invite the system owners, but instead decided to tell the call centre to in the free text of every CRM ticket and someone would read it later and classify it. They then asked for parts of the BI system to be rewritten.

Needless to say, I pointed out that this is not how you operationally use a CRM system or how you go about reporting it. My comments of 'well you may as well hire 20
    Bobs to review the system and doing this is considered 'amateur hour' was fine until five minutes later MR six popped up(whose idea it was) to ask that the notes formally recorded that I had insulted him, he had never been so upset in his life and he wanted a formal complaint.

Jesus. How precious can some people be?!!!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I hope you did the needful and gave him a good thumpings.

Comment

The obvious thing to do would be to tell the Six Sigma man that although he's upset at being insulted this time, you plan to insult him every day from now on and he'll soon be brilliant at it.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
        The obvious thing to do would be to tell the Six Sigma man that although he's upset at being insulted this time, you plan to insult him every day from now on and he'll soon be brilliant at it.
        I didn't actually insult him. I said the process was amateur. It reminded me of the Apprentice. The call actually had to finish early because everytime we tried to move to the next part of the agenda he just kept coming back to it. I actually put the phone on mute, carried on with some work, came back two minutes later and he was still going on about it.

This seems to happen a lot.

I think I may have Aspegers.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I didn't actually insult him. I said the process was amateur. It reminded me of the Apprentice. The call actually had to finish early because everytime we tried to move to the next part of the agenda he just kept coming back to it. I actually put the phone on mute, carried on with some work, came back two minutes later and he was still going on about it.

This seems to happen a lot.

I think I may have Aspegers.
          Unlikely. You seem to lack the obsessive attention to detail.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            I think he meant ass-burglar

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

MF = SY.

Deffo.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Comment

Feel asleep before the end of the first sentence.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X