• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Thread.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Thread.

So what's the plans?

We're doing a prom run tonight with Betty & Wilma but it's for a mate so we're only getting petrol money - hopefully it'll be enough to pay for a pub dinner and a few pints afterwards.

After the decorating of the last few weeks I'm moving (not literally) into the garden. I'm clearing and dismantling the old shed and marking out and preparing where my new workshop is going. Then I'm building a wooden surround for the newly dug vegetable patch. If I get a chance I'll also be setting up the hi-fi that was dismantled before I decorated the lounge and doing general odd jobs that the missus has lined up. Not planning on going out as the house is still a bit of a money pit at the moment.

The weather is looking quite sunny so I hope everyone has a good one.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

I'm going brown.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

BBQ at mate's new house tomorrow.

Benson vintage cycle rally on Sunday. First Sunday in July, Benson Vintage Cycle club have their outing - there's some fantastic bikes - from wooden boneshakers, to early folding bikes, to bikes with knotted string saddles, family tricycles and the usual array of penny farthings. We'll cycle down from Reading (on 21st century bikes!) and stop at the pub opposite, have lunch, then mosey round the bikes. The owners are always very pleased to show them off.

Comment

This weekend

Welcome to Caliente.ch

BF came off his bike, so not much dancing on the cards.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Here, followed by here. Then off to here, then here. Next will be here and here and last of all here. In between will be some shopping and bed, possibly. Oh, I do have a party but its out of town and needs a sleeping bag so might also go here as well...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Driving from Glasgow to Milton Keynes to take the lad to see the Foos.
            World's Best Martini

Comment

I will be avoiding all children and all alcohol.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Day trip to France on the ferry on Saturday.

Commence drinking my way through the previous day's aquisitions on Sunday.
                It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Hosting a 3rd birthday party in the garden. 12 2 to 3 year olds plus younger siblings and parents. Luvverly.

Comment

The other half's kids are staying over. I'll be on the look out for a new laptop and mentally spending money I haven't got...

Comment

Working...
                    X