• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone on here have a life?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone on here have a life?

I'm thinking of getting one and I was wondering what you recommend?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Yep, I can heartily recommend cycling, I do both road riding and mountain biking for fun and competitively (although I always finish last ) Off to France on Friday to take part in L'Etape Du Tour on Monday

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Don't bother. I tried it once, it's overrated.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Winter/Spring - skiing (mountains nearby)
        Spring/Summer - swimming (50m outdoor pool nearby)
        Autumn - theatre (luvvies nearby)

In between, I write a few programs and do some technical stuff.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Life? Contemplate on the minuscule proportion of all time that a life encompasses, compared to the time since the dawn of creation when you were dead and the vast epoch that follows once you are dead again, continuing long after the stars have ceased to shine and time doesn't exist any more, and celebrate a brief mortal period where once lifeless atoms combined by impossible circumstance to make you. Or just have a beer.

Comment

I have a couple of cast-offs, you will know them as MarillionFan and ShaunBhoy.

I'm breaking this new one in at the moment but it too may be thrown to the wind at some juncture.

Comment

Originally posted by Mason Boyne View Post
              Look at me me me pish deleted
              Best steer clear of this one MB. It is a thread about having a life, and you are dangerously ill-equipped to pass comment.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Best steer clear of this one MB. It is a thread about having a life, and you are dangerously ill-equipped to pass comment.

Comment

Do you live anywhere near the sea ? If so, get a boat.

Don't live near the sea ? If you don't have a motorcycle licence, get one then get a decent fast bike (not yer Hardly Dangerous type of fat bloke's cruiser). A fast bike.

In fact, do both.
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    Do you live anywhere near the sea ? If so, get a boat.

Don't live near the sea ? If you don't have a motorcycle licence, get one then get a decent fast bike (not yer Hardly Dangerous type of fat bloke's cruiser). A fast bike.

In fact, do both.
                    Brilliant ideas TM. I can also heartily recommend getting an enduro bike and doing some green laning. It is a couple of years since I had a sports bike and I can here the call of an R1

Comment

Working...
                    X