• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anyone used an online invoicing service?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone used an online invoicing service?

Hi,

I'd like to migrate my invoicing from Quickbooks etc. to a web-based invoicing application (either hosted or an open-source app I can host myself).

I've looked at 2ndSite (www.secondsite.biz) but it doesn't seem to do quite what I want, since it requires clients to remember a username and password to go visit an online invoice to print out. I'd prefer something that would generate and email a PDF attachment. I'd also like to migrate my numbering system.

Any suggestions?

t

If you arent generating your invoices on your pc at home then you arent a real business!

After all, its only fair!

Prey tell, how much will you be stung for this so called service?

Mailman

Comment

I'm *so* much a real business that I have multiple staff in multiple locations (actually in multiple countries!), hence prefering a remote solution over a local one

Yeah, paid for hosted web apps are a bit of a sting (at about US$20/month on average), but generally seem more mature than host-it-yerself PHP scripts available.

There is also QuickBooks Online, but that might be US-only...

Comment

Originally posted by tamper
        I'm *so* much a real business that I have multiple staff in multiple locations (actually in multiple countries!), hence prefering a remote solution over a local one
        Sounds like you are in to organised crime my friend!

Im gonna report you to Gordo!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
          Sounds like you are in to organised crime my friend!
          Well yeah of course, we're all here to carry out contracts aren't we....? Ah...oh I see, maybe I've misunderstood the term contracting

Comment

Working...
          X