• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily Doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Doom

Britain's total debt to top £2,000,000,000,000 - Telegraph

The full scale of Britain’s fiscal black hole will be revealed on Wednesday when the Government adds another £1,200billion of debt to its books.

Can you store that in an int32?

Has the UK's debt topped tonights EuroMillions jackpot?

Too many 0's for me to work out
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I'd recommend COBOL packed decimal.

Oh, hang on a minute.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Britain's total debt to top £2,000,000,000,000 - Telegraph

The full scale of Britain’s fiscal black hole will be revealed on Wednesday when the Government adds another £1,200billion of debt to its books.

£2,000,000,000,000 = 2^(? bits)

So ? bits = log(2,000,000,000,000)/log(2) = 41 bits and since this is a negative number we need another bit for a sign = 42 bits. Given that int32 sounds suspiciously of the order of 32 bits, the answer is no. We need a whole new integer defined to deal with economic numbers.

Comment

HMG are not adding new debt, they are now properly accounting for liabilities of pensions in the public sector and projects under private finance initiatives.

It's about bloody time. Together these amount to even more than the previous official national debt, but had been brushed under the carpet for political reasons.

It's a f***ing lot though, eh?

Comment

Time for the UK to default?
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I'm sure this country wouldn't be in such as mess if we stopped fighting other peoples wars. Every day costs us shed loads.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                HMG are not adding new debt, they are now properly accounting for liabilities of pensions in the public sector and projects under private finance initiatives.

It's about bloody time. Together these amount to even more than the previous official national debt, but had been brushed under the carpet for political reasons.

It's a f***ing lot though, eh?
                Wish this was true - the deficit is getting lower but, the books are still way off balancing. Total debt is still increasing....

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Time for the UK to default?
                  Nah, the UK is actually doing something about it.

Luckily, HMG can point at Europe and say "Look at what happens if you don't sort it out"

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
                    Wish this was true - the deficit is getting lower but, the books are still way off balancing. Total debt is still increasing....
                    It is true. The point is that most liabilities are now out in the open, not that they are being cleared.

Comment

Working...
                    X