• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Right F** form to strike off company?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right F** form to strike off company?

I sent off 652A and got a letter back from stinking Cos Hse that it was the wrong form. Naturally, they don't bother to say which is the right one.

Looked again and there is form DS01 on their site, which, apart from minor reformatting, is exactly the same. Can't for the life of me see why it matters.

Anyone know if DS01 is the right one?

Cheers.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I sent off 652A and got a letter back from stinking Cos Hse that it was the wrong form. Naturally, they don't bother to say which is the right one.

Looked again and there is form DS01 on their site, which, apart from minor reformatting, is exactly the same. Can't for the life of me see why it matters.

Cheers.
    It is - the 652a is the old Companies Act form, the DS_01 is simply the Companies Act 2006 new one.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Cheers.
      Hi

The DS01 is the correct form to use to strike off the company, the forms all changed names when the Companies Act changed from 1985 to 2006.

Make sure the company account is closed before striking off the company or you risk having it frozen and potentially losing any funds remaining in there.

Martin

Comment

Ok, thanks. Dunno why the old one came up top in Google.

Got all the rest done, got permission from HMRC re distributions, emptied accounts and applied to close them.
        bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

PS Although I may not distribute my old Win 98 laptop so it legally becomes property of the crown. Rather looking forward to the queen popping round to collect it.
          bloggoth

Comment

Got all the rest done, got permission from HMRC re distributions, emptied accounts and applied to close them.
            Hope you paid the Corporation tax first, or if you have paid early you will need to frame the interest cheque the company will receive from HMRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Robot View Post
              Hope you paid the Corporation tax first, or if you have paid early you will need to frame the interest cheque the company will receive from HMRC.
              I was somewhat surprised when I did this. They sent the cheque to the company - now defunct of course - I wrote back and they sent it to me personally. I should probably have put it on my tax return somewhere but that was too complicated to bother about. Techinally I suppose if affect what the final capital distribution is.

Comment

As my company hasn't traded in over 4 years I don't owe any. I suppose I could theoretically claim back a bit of CT due to losses for capital allowances when there was no profit to deduct them from but spending hours figuring out how to do it, even if I could, is hardly worth fifty quid.
                bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                X