• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

€ vs £.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

€ vs £.....

€ vs £ is a bit boring and sluggish today - could do with a bit of livening up

Maybe NY open will spice things up a bit..
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Question for you:
    If you had £100K what currency would you hold it in.

1. stay in sterling exchange rate is too low to move it.
    2. change into Euro, Sterling is only going lower.
    ???
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      Question for you:

???
      Swiss Francs or Gold. And yes Gold is a currency, not a commodity.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

HTH BIDI
        But the Swiss Franc is so high at the moment that I would lose 15% if I moved now
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Question for you:

???
          At the moment.

1) The Euro carries too much risk until they decide what to do with Greece, Portegal and the others.
          2) gold is on a high. It may go higher but probably needs to consolidate first.
          3) The Chf is the currency of panic. With people panicing at the moment you can't win.

Personally I would stay in Sterling provided you plan to stay in the UK. Its not the best option but the downside of the other options look worse.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Question for you:

???
            AUD for the interest rate and strength and correlation with gold
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

HTH BIDI
              Swedish Kroner.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Question for you:

???
                I'd keep it in euros. Sterling and dollar printing presses may start up again.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  At the moment.

1) The Euro carries too much risk until they decide what to do with Greece, Portegal and the others.
                  2) gold is on a high. It may go higher but probably needs to consolidate first.
                  3) The Chf is the currency of panic. With people panicing at the moment you can't win.

Personally I would stay in Sterling provided you plan to stay in the UK. Its not the best option but the downside of the other options look worse.

1) The euro would probably increase in value if Greece defaults. What happens to your basket when you remove the rotten eggs?

The UK does not yet have an economic base from which to recover, whereas the majority of euro countries do.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

But the Swiss Franc is so high at the moment that I would lose 15% if I moved now
                    So you wouldn't sell a house if you faced a loss of 15%, even if it looked like falling further?

Sunk costs
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X