• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

US Tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Tax

Does anyone on here know anything about a requirement to inform the US IRS about UK limited companies where one of the directors is a US citizen?

I'm british but my wife is a US citizen, we're based here, as is our company, and all its income comes from the UK. We're both 50% shareholders in the company.

A UK/US tax advisor my wife is talking to to get her personal taxes sorted out was talking about the fact that the IRS considers her to have access to 100% of the company's shares because we're married and as such the US authorities need to be informed of the company accounts etc.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Pat.

Working...
X