• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plane crashes into houses in Salford

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plane crashes into houses in Salford

BBC News - Plane crashes into Salford houses

Anywhere near any of the CUK Manc Brigade? Or is Salford still wretched?

Makes a change to dumping your plane in the sewage works... Which has happened...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      BBC News - Plane crashes into Salford houses

Anywhere near any of the CUK Manc Brigade? Or is Salford still wretched?
      Or more pertinently, was the pilot anyone on here?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        In "Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines".
        Nope, on approach to Barton Aerodrome, the pilot ran out of fuel.

I met the fella, sh!t loads of money but wouldn't refuel his aircraft.

Comment

Normally tales of aircraft incidents in the general media are laden with quotes like "narrowly avoiding a school / convent / hospital," so I guess "It looked like he was trying to land it in a cemetery" is a close second seeing as the driver did actually hit something.

Hope all are OK.

I suspect the pilot may have some explaining to do though, unless it was anything other than a power unit failure. Part of Rule 5:

An aircraft shall not be flown below such height as would enable it to make an emergency landing without causing danger to persons or property on the surface in the event of a power unit failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Ahh - which would actually exempt him from the rule I just quoted.

Any aircraft shall be exempt from the low flying prohibitions in so far as it is
            flying in accordance with normal aviation practice for the purpose of:
            (aa) taking off from, landing at or practising approaches to landing at; or
            (bb) checking navigational aids or procedures at,
            a Government or licensed aerodrome.

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
              Ahh - which would actually exempt him from the rule I just quoted.
              The aircraft in question was a right-off.

Any way, you may have met the chap in question, he's also got a black Gazelle and has sometimes been seen on approach trying to hover taxi his aeroplane after approach

Comment

The aircraft in question was a right-off.

Any way, you may have met the chap in question, he's also got a black Gazelle and has sometimes been seen on approach trying to hover taxi his aeroplane after approach
                Hmm... suggestions are that it was actually EFATO from 09R.

Bloody Gazelles seem to attract pilots with a certain "attitude." Much like 500's.

Comment

So it was the millionaire DimPrawn?

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
                    Hmm... suggestions are that it was actually EFATO from 09R.

Bloody Gazelles seem to attract pilots with a certain "attitude." Much like 500's.
                    Wind appeared to be N/NE and looking at the proximity of the crash site to the end of RWY 09, looked like EFATO.

Poor guys, not a lot of choice, probably weren't even above 300ft AGL. Sounds like he made the radio call.

I'm not sure the one with 70% burns will make it to be honest...
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X