• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where's all the Newbies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's all the Newbies?

The great majority of the posts are from people with thousands of posts already and who have been here for years.

Has it become a clique?

Do the veteran members not like any newbies joining to break up their gentleman's (and ladies) club?

It's got very stagnant here.

Good point. Let me get out of the bath and i'll login under another account.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I say all post counts should be reset to 0 to start afresh.

Except mine of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Craic View Post
        The great majority of the posts are from people with thousands of posts already and who have been here for years.

Has it become a clique?

Do the veteran members not like any newbies joining to break up their gentleman's (and ladies) club?

Wonderful insight, there's clearly a market for a contractor forum full of newbies who don't hang around for a while. Why don't you fck off and start it?
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
          Wonderful insight, there's clearly a market for a contractor forum full of newbies who don't hang around for a while. Why don't you fck off and start it?

A serious point.

A very touch answer.

Raw nerve hit I think.

Comment

A serious point.

A very touch answer.

Raw nerve hit I think.
            The returns
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Yesterday I offered my services to help out with cretinwatch but OG said he'd prefer to wait in case someone intelligent applied for the role.

Well, who's laughing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                Yesterday I offered my services to help out with cretinwatch but OG said he'd prefer to wait in case someone intelligent applied for the role.

Well, who's laughing now.
                Go on, then. You're keen and I like that. We'll give you a try out.

Comment

Has it become a clique?

well, its a fact that the people who post most often will have higher post counts.

Is it a clique ? well not really. I cant see anyone being excluded simply because they are new or outsiders. Some get excluded for other reasons

there really is no club. FWIW I spent years lurking before I posted

The forum may well be stagnant - so liven it up and stop whining

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    well, its a fact that the people who post most often will have higher post counts.

Is it a clique ? well not really. I cant see anyone being excluded simply because they are new or outsiders. Some get excluded for other reasons

there really is no club. FWIW I spent years lurking before I posted

The forum may well be stagnant - so liven it up and stop whining

It is also an example of the Pareto Principle.

Comment

Working...
                    X