• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dividend Voucher bank transactions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dividend Voucher bank transactions

Hello
    If a final dividend is declared @ £20,000 per share, board minutes are issued accordingly, but the amount is electronically transferred @£10,000 per day to the shareholder's account (due to bank maximum payment restrictions per day) over a period of two successive days, would this call for two dividend vouchers @£10,000 each or a single dividend voucher per the dividend amount.

If two dividend vouchers are needed, would one become interim and the other final? In such case, could the interim and the final dividends be taken on successive days?

If a single voucher suffices, how should the transactions be tied to the dividend voucher.

Any references or guidance in support of the above is appreciated.

Could someone clarify what exactly this paragraph implies for the above situation?

What the dividend vouchers must show

Dividend vouchers must show the amount of money paid by the company to you, normally from its profits. They should confirm both the gross and net dividend paid. You should provide a separate dividend voucher or payment advice slip for each dividend payment, to cover the whole period claimed.

Is this for a Tier 1 Visa application?

If so, I would suggest preparing your documents to show two dividend payments took place - it will be easier for the Home Office to understand that. However if your paperwork has already been done to show a final dividend payment of £20k, then I would suggest you add a short explanation to your Visa application as to why two £10k payments took place.

For a £20k dividend payment;
    (a) Your net dividend payment is £20k
    (b) Your gross dividend payment is £20k x 10/9

Hope that helps!
    2012 CUK Reader Awards - '...Capital City Accountancy, all of whom were outside the top three yet still won compliments from CUK readers for their services' - well, its not an award, but we'll take it! - Best Accountant (for IT contractors) category
    2011 CUK Reader Awards - Top 3 - Best Accountant (for IT contractors) category
    || Check us out at: http://www.linkedin.com/company/capi...ccountancy-ltd

Comment

Hello
      Thanks for the reply. If preparing documents to show two dividends, would one be interim and the other final declared on two different dates I suppose.
      Would this create any confusion from HMRC point of view, Two adjacent day payments of one interim and one final.?

My application to immigration is not due until mid next year. So next time I will make sure that I will draw the entire amount once by cheque.

I called up immigration and they seem to tie bank transactions with dividend vouchers not declared dividends with vouchers which makes it confusing. But HMRC has no problem in associating multiple transactions with a single dividend it seems. Is this correct.

Thanks
      Aveen.

Comment

Working...
      X