• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leeches more than usually slimey atm ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leeches more than usually slimey atm ?

Is it me or are the leeches more than usually slimey at the moment ? Istm that every call is asking for previous managers contact details, rate is again the first thought on their mind and the job has always been "just filled" or the conversation never gets as far as the actual role somehow...

I know this is all perfectly normal for slimeballs but just wondered whether my perception that there is an increase in this right now is met by others on the forum ?

The attached poll is the percentage of increased sliminess people have noted, positive numbers imply more slime, negative less.

My subsidiary question is : what is the cause of it, does anyone have any comment ?

Boo
    Leeches are currently 200% or more slimier than usual
    11.11%
    Leeches are currently 100% slimier than usual
    11.11%
    Leeches are currently 50% slimier than usual
    0.00%
    Leeches are currently 25% slimier than usual
    0.00%
    Leeches are currently no slimier than usual
    55.56%
    Leeches are currently 25% less slimy than usual
    11.11%
    Leeches are currently 50% less slimy than usual
    0.00%
    Leeches are currently 75% less slimy than usual
    0.00%
    Leeches are currently 99% or more less slimy than usual
    11.11%
    Last edited by Boo; 12 August 2011, 11:28. Reason: Can't spell my own name :-(

I have a comment, a few in fact but they seem to be getting me warnings and being deleted. I do feel they are fully justified in this case but won't risk it.

You do need to grow some and get over you issues with agents and deal with it though. I find it reflects worse on you than it does them. Such outward hostility to them isn't very clever. They work differently. Deal with it.

Oh yeah and that has to be the worst poll i have ever seen. Utter tulip.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
      Is it me or are the leeches more than usually slimey at the moment ? Istm that every call is asking for previous managers contact details, rate is again the first thought on their mind and the job has always been "just filled" or the conversation never gets as far as the actual role somehow...

I know this is all perfectly normal for slimeballs but just wondered whether my perception that there is an increase in this right now is met by others on the forum ?

The attached poll is the percentage of increased sliminess people have noted, positive numbers imply more slime, negative less.

My subsidiary question is : what is the cause of it, does anyone have any comment ?

Boo
      Shouldn't this rubbish be in General rather than Business / Contracts, it is of absolutely no use to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
        Shouldn't this rubbish be in General rather than Business / Contracts, it is of absolutely no use to anyone.
        I don't really agree that it is of no use to anyone : it is a humorously worded (or that was the plan) attempt to discover whether agents behaviour indicates that there are issues in the contracting market at the current time.

Boo

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
          I don't really agree that it is of no use to anyone : it is a humorously worded (or that was the plan) attempt to discover whether agents behaviour indicates that there are issues in the contracting market at the current time.

Boo
          We haven't had a humorous poll since Pondlife's Rick Astley one. Ahh those were the days

Comment

I'm feeling quite slimey at the moment. I think it's probably something to do with the rash I had on my little fella about a month ago. I'm pretty sure I'm at least 500% more slimey than usual though - so I'm not really sure how to vote.

P.S> My main vote is that this goes into General, and not into a "professional" forum (not that Boo has a clue about anything like that)
            "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
            SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
              I'm feeling quite slimey at the moment. I think it's probably something to do with the rash I had on my little fella about a month ago. I'm pretty sure I'm at least 500% more slimey than usual though - so I'm not really sure how to vote.

P.S> My main vote is that this goes into General, and not into a "professional" forum (not that Boo has a clue about anything like that)
              I think the thread was about leeches TAV, not slug/leech hybrids like yourself.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                I think the thread was about leeches TAV, not slug/leech hybrids like yourself.
                Im not sure if this is a compliment or an insult.

If Insult. Screw you

If compliment. Thanks, it's nice to be appreciated.
                "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
                SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  We haven't had a humorous poll since Pondlife's Rick Astley one. Ahh those were the days
                  Ah, happy days. The what would meatloaf do for love was another IIRC.

Comment

Hey TAV you can do codings

Location:javascriptfunction(){var memberURL, i, limit, reputationItem, userId, reputationList = document.ge
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X