• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On my way to work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my way to work

late for a meeting, realise I'd left my laptop at home!

If police had firearms that would not have happened (and a lot less risk to life from that crazy person in the car).

Comment

Some awesome driving from the perp. Reactions of a scalded kitten.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        If police had firearms that would not have happened (and a lot less risk to life from that crazy person in the car).
        If firearms would have helped then the police could have used them. There are special units to call on for that, besides which many patrol cars are armed. The fact is, once a helicopter has been deployed there is little chance of escape so the tactic is protect other motorists first. In this case it worked.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

The police should have a kill switch which would switch off any car engine they
          wanted to, The only downside if it got into the wrong hands (hackers) it might
          cause more problems than some websites going down.

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
            Shut it you flaming Nazi.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
              Would you expect criminal not over-ride it?
              Would you expect police not to abuse it?
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                If firearms would have helped then the police could have used them. There are special units to call on for that, besides which many patrol cars are armed. The fact is, once a helicopter has been deployed there is little chance of escape so the tactic is protect other motorists first. In this case it worked.
                The armed units are on call but usually they deal with fixed address rather than crazy guy in a car that drives wrong direction on motorway.

There were plenty of opportunities to shoot his tired IF cops had the guns.

Comment

The armed units are on call but usually they deal with fixed address rather than crazy guy in a car that drives wrong direction on motorway.

AtW, you do talk a lot of sh!te.

Firearms are not the cure-all that you think they are.

Oh and no matter how many times you mention it you'll never get a UK FAC.

Hth.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X