• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Steve Jobs resigns as Apple CEO

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve Jobs resigns as Apple CEO

Steve Jobs resigns as Apple CEO | Technology | The Guardian

Poor guy.

And in other Apple news:

Apple wins patent block on Samsung - Business News, Business - The Independent

Comment

His health must be in bad shape - I really hope he recovers.

Hate Macs and everything non x86-64 stands for however Jobs is probably the only great man of the PC revolution that was still running things.

This probably means Apple will sue more than innovate, also very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        His health must be in bad shape - I really hope he recovers.

Hate Macs and everything non x86-64 stands for however Jobs is probably the only great man of the PC revolution that was still running things.

This probably means Apple will sue more than innovate, also very sad.
        IIRC prognosis is not great with pancreatic cancer.

Comment

Yup, less than 5% make it passed year 5. Fewer still make it 10 years.

With all the healthcare money can buy he can probably eek out a few more years, but running a company probably shouldn't be his main focus...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

With all the healthcare money can buy he can probably eek out a few more years, but running a company probably shouldn't be his main focus...
            What else is he going to do, Apple has been his focus for most of his life. Anyway, looks like the "new" guy has been quietly running things behind the scenes for the past few years anyway so shouldn't be a massive change of tack for the company.

Oh and by the way, surely it's "past" and not "passed"?
            Last edited by Churchill; 25 August 2011, 06:12.

Comment

Apple stock drops 5% in pre trading

That's billions wiped off the value of the company - all due to one person switching roles

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                Apple stock drops 5% in pre trading

That's billions wiped off the value of the company - all due to one person switching roles
                Yep, a really rational response from 'investors' there.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  Are you sure about that second bit?

Comment

With a sharp selloff pummeling share prices throughout European banking sector this week, Apple's valuation is now strikingly equal to all 32 of the biggest euro zone banks combined...

For Apple, the accolade is just the latest in a growing string of financial related achievements. In addition to its back-and-forth battle with Exxon Mobile for the title of the most valuable company in the world, it was disclosed last month the the iPad maker's $76B in cash reserves recently surpassed the US government's own operating balance.

AppleInsider | Apple now worth as much as all euro zone banks combined
                    wtf

Comment

Working...
                    X