• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What Would Professional Indemnity Insurance Cover you For

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Would Professional Indemnity Insurance Cover you For

Looking at the cover I see the following exclusion:

Costs and expenses incurred in recall, repair or replacement of deliverables.
    This implies that work done that is then questioned is not covered and you can be sued

So can anyone explain exactly what professional insurance would cover you for

The client shouldn't sign your timesheet if they aren't happy with the work you produce.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      The client shouldn't sign your timesheet if they aren't happy with the work you produce.
      Thats not the question - My question is what does indemnity insurance cover if it does not cover for recall and correction and consequential work

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
        Thats not the question - My question is what does indemnity insurance cover if it does not cover for recall and correction and consequential work
        Losses caused by your cock ups.

e.g. You send £2.5m worth of SWIFT messages out of a bank by mistake. Bank recovers £2m from friendly banks but can't get the rest back.

Bank sues your co for monies, plus a bit of extra for you cocking up - your indemnity insurance pays out £500k to bank for lost monies.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Really? So if you are doing a piec of work that takes a month to complete, you wouldn't submit a timesheet until it is finished, tested and implemented?

Comment

Beware that a lot of PII will not cough up if you are sued on the gorunds of incompetence ...... which is a relatively easy way for someone to make you loose your house!

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
              Looking at the cover I see the following exclusion:

This implies that work done that is then questioned is not covered and you can be sued

So can anyone explain exactly what professional insurance would cover you for
              Hi!

I'm from PolicyBee, we're a professional indemnity insurance broker.

Your first port of call to ask this question would be your insurer or your broker (if that's who you bought it from). They'll have a thorough understanding of the wording.

A point to remember is that not all professional indemnity policies are the same. What you've highlighted is one tiny part of the cover not what the policy covers as a whole.

There's a couple of pieces on our blog that you might find helpful?

[Mod note: please read the T's and C's of this forum. No Adverting is permitted. You can promote your company by offering advice using your compant login.]

I do strongly recommend you speak to your broker if you have one or directly with your insurer.

Comment

Working...
              X