• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QDOS / PCG IR35 Cover

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QDOS / PCG IR35 Cover

Both QDOS and PCG offer protection for IR35 investigations. QDOS offer is £324 pa, PCG Standard/Plus is £110/220 pa. Is PCG cover sufficient given it is cheaper, or is QDOS more expensive for a reason ?

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Both QDOS and PCG offer protection for IR35 investigations. QDOS offer is £324 pa, PCG Standard/Plus is £110/220 pa. Is PCG cover sufficient given it is cheaper, or is QDOS more expensive for a reason ?
    Our TLC policy covers the liabilities (tax, interest and penalties) if you're caught by IR35, but the standard PCG membership doesn't. You can upgrade to cover the IR35 liabilities with them as well, but I'm not sure of the cost.

We do the legal cost cover only (Freelancer Tax Protection) for £117 per annum. Free contract reviews with all of the insurances.

Hope that helps.
    Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

PCG is not an insurance provider. You don't even get insurance, what you get covered is the cost of them representing their members if they get investigated. PCG is also a not-for-profit organsiation. So strictly speaking the two aren't really comparable although the end result is much the same.

But what you also get with PCG is a huge amount of supporting material, some serious extra benefits (especially with Plus membership) and discounts on all sorts of things, including Abbey's Survive35, which is the pretty much the same cover as the QDOS offer at around £400.

Plus the more members PCG has, the louder its voice (already pretty loud) and the better it can represent the contractor workforce where it matters.

OK, so shameless plug - but think carefully about which one you need.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I am a member of the PCG but I get my insurance cover etc from QDOS - happy with both!
        "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
          I am a member of the PCG but I get my insurance cover etc from QDOS - happy with both!
          So you're insuring the same thing twice?

I've always had my doubts about TLC35 and Survive35. If the insurer thinks the contractual risk is low enough to insure you against the cost of a penalty (which won't be applied anyway) and some totally indeterminate amount of back taxes (which also, as far as I can discover, have never been paid anyway), the likelihood of you actually needing it is around about the same as you have of winning the Lottery, especially since the world has moved a long way on from the early days of IR35.

But hey, it's your money.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            So you're insuring the same thing twice?

I've always had my doubts about TLC35 and Survive35. If the insurer thinks the contractual risk is low enough to insure you against the cost of a penalty (which won't be applied anyway) and some totally indeterminate amount of back taxes (which also, as far as I can discover, have never been paid anyway), the likelihood of you actually needing it is around about the same as you have of winning the Lottery, especially since the world has moved a long way on from the early days of IR35.

But hey, it's your money.
            I do not get insurance cover with my PCG membership - if I do they have not mentioned it?

I get my PII cover from QDOS - I treat my membership of PCG just as part of a lobby group, furthering the interests of contractors.
            "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

I do not get insurance cover with my PCG membership - if I do they have not mentioned it?

I get my PII cover from QDOS - I treat my membership of PCG just as part of a lobby group, furthering the interests of contractors.
              Errmm, the key membership benefit of PCG is free representation for any IR35 investigation, or any tax investigation if you go for Plus. So you do get a fair degree of very necessary coverage for free. Get the brown envelope, phone the office and tell them, then stand back, Or had you missed that bit?

But as I said they are not an inurance broker which is why you have to get PI and the like elsewhere (albeit with PCG member discounts with some suppliers).
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

PCG Standard | PCG

We are talking IR35 insurance here, yeh? PI is completely different and, yes, you do need to get this separately.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X