• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not happy with Nixon Williams

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not happy with Nixon Williams

!!
    Last edited by Deshlocums; 14 April 2012, 15:56.

Originally posted by Deshlocums View Post
    My recent experience with this company has not been a good one. I asked for on 31/8/11 for a letter to be sent confirming the amount I have earned for a visa application. Despite Alans ensuring me that the letter was sent out, it wasn't. The dividend vouchers I asked for were sent but not the letter. I'd made numerous phone calls because this was so important however I did not receive the help I needed. In addition to this I was not given correct Information by theperson dealing with my account. Alans reply was effectively ' yes she didn't exPlain in the email but anyway we sent you a starter pack u should have read the fine print' everything in the pack was gobbledygook cos im not an accountant. I relied on them to tell me what to do and was let down. Now I'm stuck. No letter possibly no visa!
    one post, and to attack a well respected and highly recommended supplier. Hmmm...

I've seen the starter pack and it's not gobbledigook, unless they've rewritten it, and I'm not an accountant.

And this complaint a whole 5 working days after your initial request.

And no visa. Shame...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

My recent experience with this company has not been a good one. I asked for on 31/8/11 for a letter to be sent confirming the amount I have earned for a visa application. Despite Alans ensuring me that the letter was sent out, it wasn't. The dividend vouchers I asked for were sent but not the letter. I'd made numerous phone calls because this was so important however I did not receive the help I needed. In addition to this I was not given correct Information by theperson dealing with my account. Alans reply was effectively ' yes she didn't exPlain in the email but anyway we sent you a starter pack u should have read the fine print' everything in the pack was gobbledygook cos im not an accountant. I relied on them to tell me what to do and was let down. Now I'm stuck. No letter possibly no visa!
      1. Complain to Nixon Williams in writing not on here. Most misunderstandings are caused by people not communicating effectively particularly if they are doing it on the phone, however a concise letter or email normally sorts this out quickly.

2. Your accountant is not your company's finance director. If you have the inability to understand the your basic legal obligations in running a company then you should not be running one.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

IIRC nixon williams posts on here ....

They might be able to help you out ....

Comment

Hi Deshlocums,

I'm sorry to hear you are not happy with the service we have provided. I will discuss this with Alan Jackson, the team manager ultimately responsible for your file, along with your account controller to see what has happended here.

Martin

Comment

Just like to add that I switched to Nixon Williams just over a month ago and to date they've been absolutely brilliant. I'm sure its just a one off problem.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I'm an accountant so effectively a competitor of NW but I'm going to go into bat here for them. I have NEVER taken any business from them but I have done from every other major player in the contracting scene. Although that may be because I am predominantly in the Scottish market and I don't think NW are massive up here, I think it says something about the quality of their work. I have also seen the start-up pack and I would say that its a lesson in plain-English.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Just like to add that I switched to Nixon Williams just over a month ago and to date they've been absolutely brilliant. I'm sure its just a one off problem.
                They were sound as a pound when I used them last - whatever the issue is then Im sure they will resolve it swiftly.

Comment

Originally posted by Just1morethen View Post
                  I'm an accountant so effectively a competitor of NW but I'm going to go into bat here for them. I have NEVER taken any business from them but I have done from every other major player in the contracting scene. Although that may be because I am predominantly in the Scottish market and I don't think NW are massive up here, I think it says something about the quality of their work. I have also seen the start-up pack and I would say that its a lesson in plain-English.
                  Maybe that is why they are not massive in Scotland
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Maybe that is why they are not massive in Scotland

Comment

Working...
                    X