• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ClearSky vs. inniAccounts vs. InTouch to start going contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ClearSky vs. inniAccounts vs. InTouch to start going contracting

Recommendations? I've narrowed it down to these three. I'm aware CS looks a little on the high end, whilst iA is quite competitive. InTouch have informed me that their prices will be increasing from Sept 30th to £85+VAT (£102/mo) from £75+VAT (£90/mo)

Services I'm looking to obtain:
    - Setup of new Ltd co (inTouch charge £90 + VAT for this (£108 total))
    - PI insurance
    - Someone to do all of my accounting so I need not worry about it

Am I missing anything else, or will I be good to go contracting if I have all the above?

Thanks

Originally posted by odm View Post
    Am I missing anything else, or will I be good to go contracting if I have all the above?

Thanks
    Yes, three things:

1. Accountants are free. Ignore the fees, look for quality of service.

2. They are accountants. They don't sell insurance.

3. They take away the worry and the chance of error. As a director you still have to know what's going on.

HTH
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Yes, three things:

1. Accountants are free. Ignore the fees, look for quality of service.

2. They are accountants. They don't sell insurance.

3. They take away the worry and the chance of error. As a director you still have to know what's going on.

HTH
      Noted. Mind me asking who you account with?

Comment

Recommendations? I've narrowed it down to these three. I'm aware CS looks a little on the high end, whilst iA is quite competitive. InTouch have informed me that their prices will be increasing from Sept 30th to £85+VAT (£102/mo) from £75+VAT (£90/mo)

Services I'm looking to obtain:
        - Setup of new Ltd co (inTouch charge £90 + VAT for this (£108 total))
        There are more firms around than this and some of them will do free company set up.

- PI insurance
        Search on this forum for PI insurance to find insurers/brokers. Of my head I can think of QDOS and Hiscox but there are others.

- Someone to do all of my accounting so I need not worry about it
        An accountant isn't your bookkeeper or financial director.

They will advise you on what you need to do especially if you ask a short but detailed question, prepare your end of year accounts, do your payroll and may do your self-assessment but you need to do your bookkeeping and ensure that you as a director and the employees (you) of the company comply with the law.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          There are more firms around than this and some of them will do free company set up.
          D'you recommend any others? Did a quick google search and found Churchill Knight as one who do free ltd co. setups..

Cheers

Comment

Noted. Mind me asking who you account with?
            SJD. But take a look here:

PCG Accredited Accountant | PCG

And look at the rest of the site while you're there. As an absolute minimum, download their Guide to Freelancing and read it. Carefully...
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I thought IT has said people signing up before end-of-September would get the £75 rate for the first year? I'd phone and double-check that.

No idea about what Ltd setup should cost, I'm sure you could do it cheaper but you sound like you might benefit from having someone do it (no offence).
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I thought IT has said people signing up before end-of-September would get the £75 rate for the first year? I'd phone and double-check that.

No idea about what Ltd setup should cost, I'm sure you could do it cheaper but you sound like you might benefit from having someone do it (no offence).

Anyone who signs up before the end of this month will get the first two months free of charge, then £85 per month plus VAT. But, they get the same offer as existing clients - refer one person to us before the end of November and it's £75 plus VAT until April 2012.
                ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
                  Anyone who signs up before the end of this month will get the first two months free of charge, then £85 per month plus VAT. But, they get the same offer as existing clients - refer one person to us before the end of November and it's £75 plus VAT until April 2012.
                  Odd decision - 12months @ £75 = £900. 12 months @ £85, inc 2months free = £850.

Comment

Odd decision - 12months @ £75 = £900. 12 months @ £85, inc 2months free = £850.
                    The two months free applies if you get the forms back by the end of the month, so that's a good incentive for anyone to sign up now rather than waiting
                    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Working...
                    X