• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

umbrella admin charge probs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

umbrella admin charge probs

Having a slight problem with Parasol, wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and how they resolved it.

They have a monthly or weekly payment option, with different admin charges - £55/month or £20/week. I thougth I was on weekly, but my contract said monthly, so I've been firing off timesheets every week, and had the monthly admin charge slapped on automatically every week.

Quite happy to pay the more expensive weekly charge since that's the service I received, but after initially being told I couldn't get ANY of my money back, a mgr there told me I could get half of it back once I'd complained directly to him.

Not happy with this outcome, and they've not replied to my email to that effect. I was told that I'm not the first (nor the last) contractor to have made this mistake, but it seems they're happy to confiscate monies paid in error if you don't complain enough.

Has anyone else had this experience?

The conditions would appear to be here:

http://www.parasolit.co.uk/default.asp?pageid=78

So it seems they should charge you an extra nothing for each of the timesheets you have sent, unless they have paid you, in which case it should be an extra 9.95 for each extra payment.

You might like to point this out to them. If still unsatisfied a gallon of petrol and a match might do the trick. Better recourse might be a final notice then a county court summons. I believe you can file the claim online now.

Comment

Thanks! STILL waiting for the T&C page to load up - but will have a good read when it finally arrives.

petrol seems appealing right now, but I'm sure I'd regret it later

cheers

Comment

an update if anyone's interested - I got a reply just now to say that I'll get charged as if I'd chosen the weekly option, since I received a weekly service, and I'll have the rest rebated. That's fine with me.

Comment

Working...
        X