• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newcastle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newcastle

Next gig, start Thur (odd day I know) big Gov. employer, no need to name easy to work out but how's it up there? Rate is cock-on, 100 miles fae home so I may well stay over one or two nights and do the Bigg Market thing, been to Newc many times on a day or an evening but never worked there. Also looking for a place to stay, B&B or summert - NE Newcastle if anyone knows anywhere!

Why, aye!

Actually I vaguely remember a Newcastle thread, searching now.....

Have you just made our own DimPrawn unemployed?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Have you just made our own DimPrawn unemployed?
      Aye! I'll be working on a HM system called 'IR35', something to do with contractors getting away with murder.

£300 bonus for every contractor I shop!

W00t!!

Comment

I stayed at "The Lynnwood" aka "Bentleys" (very near to NC Utd Stadium/City Center/General Hospital) for 6 months or so. £25 for good rooms with Breakfast . Free parking as well. Rooms with shared bath also there, but not good.
        Last edited by Darren_Test; 21 September 2011, 11:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
          I stayed at "The Lynnwood" aka "Bentleys" (very near to NC Utd Stadium/City Center/General Hospital) for 6 months or so. £25 for good rooms with BB . Free parking as well. Rooms with shared bath also there, but not good.
          Free Wi-Fi?

Comment

Pop into Durham when you are bored, it's 10min on the train and very beautiful.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Pop into Durham when you are bored, it's 10min on the train and very beautiful.
              Been there with a particularly fit lass I worked with. We decided to hire a row boat on the river, and I totally freaked out - the boat was well wobbly and I couldn't row properly and she got up and wobbled the boat to take the oars I freaked out again, crying like a baby cos I really was gonna drown...

I can't swim....

She was pissing herself.

Still, was the day Newc Utd lost to Liverpool and got relegated from Prem, three years ago???

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
                I stayed at "The Lynnwood" aka "Bentleys" (very near to NC Utd Stadium/City Center/General Hospital) for 6 months or so. £25 for good rooms with BB . Free parking as well. Rooms with shared bath also there, but not good.
                It's 50 quid a pop now ....

Comment

Where's Sally Anne when you need her?
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Where's Sally Anne when you need her?
                    Coventry!

Comment

Working...
                    X