• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Applying for a personal credit card

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applying for a personal credit card

Hi,

I want to apply for a credit card, when it asks me to enter annual income before tax do I enter the salary + dividends amount or just the salary?

Currently I'm taking min wage + some dividends.

Thanks in advance

I would assume that to mean gross salary + gross dividend (net dividend + 10% tax credit)

Comment

Thanks

So to clarify...

for example if I took:

£500 as salary
      £3000 as dividends
      £300 as 10% tax credits

Total NET would be £3800

Total GROSS would be around £67k (based on an online target income calculator)

Does that seem about right?

Does that seem

Comment

Frankly they dont care, as long as the number is in their acceptable range and your credit history is not cack, they'll give you a card.

If you get into trouble with the payments or anything else down the line, *then* they'll go back and scrutinise every detail looking for a way to screw you over.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Thanks DaveB

Going for a card thats 0% on balance transfers for 14 months and 0% purchases for 14 months

Comment

Originally posted by frontenddeveloper View Post
            Thanks

So to clarify...

for example if I took:

£500 as salary
            £3000 as dividends
            £300 as 10% tax credits

Total NET would be £3800

Total GROSS would be around £67k (based on an online target income calculator)

Does that seem about right?

Does that seem
            If gross salary is £500 and dividends + 10% tax credit = gross dividends of £3,333 then total gross income would be £3,833.

Comment

Working...
            X