• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Status and notice period

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 Status and notice period

I have read in quite a few places about notice periods and IR35 status, my contract doesnt state a notice period that I have to give the client, thier states a notice period of a day or so in case of incompetence etc.

FRom an IR35 POV, I understand this is a good thing, where do I stand ? Outside of IR35, could it mean that I am in no mans land too when it comes to serving a notice ?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by platforminc View Post
    I have read in quite a few places about notice periods and IR35 status, my contract doesnt state a notice period that I have to give the client, thier states a notice period of a day or so in case of incompetence etc.

FRom an IR35 POV, I understand this is a good thing, where do I stand ? Outside of IR35, could it mean that I am in no mans land too when it comes to serving a notice ?

Thanks in advance.
    It's a tricky one. Best analysis I've seen is that having a notice period is a bad thing for IR35 - it impliles a potential level of Mutuality above the minimum - but a good thing commercially. The best compromise is to accept an assymetrical arranegment, say a month from you and a week from them. that way you demonstrate both finacnial risk and an intetion to complete the contract.

As for not having any notice at all, that's a good thing unless you want to bail out early, In which case, ignore the contract and start negotiating with the client.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
    X