• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LTD company and CSA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LTD company and CSA

Any one know the best way when threatened with the above despite continually making regular and generous payments.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Recruitment consultants were sent to punish us all!

Originally posted by Crusoe101 View Post
    Any one know the best way when threatened with the above despite continually making regular and generous payments.
    Comply and hope to pay less? Don't know how to deal with this situation, but rather than being portrayed as the bad guy, why not submit to their requests and hope you pay less?
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
      Comply and hope to pay less? Don't know how to deal with this situation, but rather than being portrayed as the bad guy, why not submit to their requests and hope you pay less?
      I tend to agree with that, I know that if my ex ever threatened it I would be happy to let her as I pay far more than the CSA would ask for.

Comment

Discussed many times at great and emotional length,

some threads here...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...nt-view-3.html

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...29458-csa.html

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...32840-csa.html

Lots more can be found using CSA site:forums.contractoruk.com in Google

or

CSA site:forums.contractoruk.com - Google Search
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
          I tend to agree with that, I know that if my ex ever threatened it I would be happy to let her as I pay far more than the CSA would ask for.
          WJJSTS. My ex gets a far better deal from me directly than she would if she went via the CSA. That said, if we get divorced via the courts (as opposed to just sorting it out ourselves), I'd be buggered. Must hurry up and get that divorce while we're still on great terms!

Comment

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
            WJJSTS. My ex gets a far better deal from me directly than she would if she went via the CSA. That said, if we get divorced via the courts (as opposed to just sorting it out ourselves), I'd be buggered. Must hurry up and get that divorce while we're still on great terms!
            May have changed but CSA expected 10% of your income for 1 child, 15% for 2 children, 20% for 3 children and 25% for 4 or more children. I was paying 25% when I first got divorced, and circumstances didn't change significantly until 2007 when I went contracting, but by that time I had 1 of the children up with me and 1 of them was no longer dependant. So I just dropped payments as they started work.

The court will not "decree absolute" a divorce without being 100% happy with the arrangements for maintenance of the children.

I now have the only remaining dependant child living with me in London, but haven't bothered claiming anything from her mother. Means I have no reason to speak to my ex and is worth every penny.
            Last edited by Scrag Meister; 4 October 2011, 13:11.
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
              May have changed but CSA expected 10% of your income for 1 child, 15% for 2 children, 20% for 3 children and 25% for 4 or more children. I was paying 25% when I first got divorced, and circumstances didn't change significantly until 2007 when I went contracting, but by that time I had 1 of the children up with me and 1 of them was no longer dependant. So I just dropped payments as they started work.

The court will not "decree absolute" a divorce without being 100% happy with the arrangements for maintenance of the children.

I now have the only remaining dependant child living with me in London, but haven't bothered claiming anything from her mother. Means I have no reason to speak to my ex and is worth every penny.
              Sounds like what I was told and I still pay around 15% of my income even now that I am a contractor.

Comment

Er, just pay - they're your kids!

Comment

Originally posted by kirk View Post
                  Er, just pay - they're your kids!
                  How much? No one is arguing we shouldn't pay but it has to be reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
                    How much? No one is arguing we shouldn't pay but it has to be reasonable.
                    Does it really? I would have thought just leaving your wife didn't mean the kids only then had to have reasonable support, I would have thought it was best to still give them the support you always have, unless, well, unless you don't actually like them?

All I know, is that I am not separated, but if I were, I would let them have as much money as to keep them in the lifestyle they'd grown accustomed to, as I'd still love them, just not the wife. You may, of course, think that's odd.

Leaving your wife/partner doesn't absolve you of your obligations to your kids; they are your kids; they will always be your kids. Don't suddenly think you only want to give them reasonable support.

Jesus wept, some people really shouldn't be allowed kids.

Comment

Working...
                    X