• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Website in your company name & IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website in your company name & IR35

Is it better to create a website and use email addresses in your company name with respect to IR35 issues?

Thanks

_smudger_

As long as its not [email protected] I don't think it matters
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

It's better to show your credibility and professionalism, yes.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        As long as its not [email protected] I don't think it matters
        Arf!

(no more though please, this is A/L after all...)
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Being able to show you're a genuine business is a good idea from an IR35 point of view, it's been mentioned in several recent cases, and part of that would be having specific email addresses, website, business cards, letterhead etc.
          ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

I am not quite understanding why we have this sudden rush of posters asking to be spoon fed tiny bits of information around IR35. To me all of them show a total lack of understanding of how they work and how IR35 affects them. I would argue with a basic knowledge of your business and relationship to your client along with IR35 would answer all the questions we have had recently.

Maybe I am having a rant and being pig headed about this but the best advice to the recent posters isn't what line to put on their invoice or whether to have a website or not but to go read IR35 and understand how a business operates. You might have a nice website or a correct invoice but I bet my bottom dollar you will be failing IR35 somewhere else along the line.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I am not quite understand why we have this sudden rush of posters asking to be spoon fed tiny bits of information around IR35. To me all of them show a total lack of understanding of how they work and how IR35 affects them. I would argue with a basic knowledge of your business and relationship to your client along with IR35 would answer all the questions we have had recently.

Maybe I am having a rant and being pig headed about this but the best advice to the recent posters isn't what line to put on their invoice or whether to have a website or not but to go read IR35 and understand how a business operates. You might have a nice website or a correct invoice but I bet my bottom dollar you will be failing IR35 somewhere else along the line.
              Why don't you try suggesting that they read the newbie guide ---------->

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                Why don't you try suggesting that they read the newbie guide ---------->

Goddamit.. I knew I had forgotten something

Comment

To be fair (who, me?? ) HMG are basing more and more of the decision making on the basic test of "Are you a genuine business". Being one is one thing, being able to demonstrate that you are one is something else. All these little pointers are actually quite important if they paint an overall picture of you operating a functional, if rather small, business. So it does no harm to understand what helps.

Although corporate email addresses and simialr are pretty much a case of the bleedin' obvious...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    To be fair (who, me?? ) HMG are basing more and more of the decision making on the basic test of "Are you a genuine business". Being one is one thing, being able to demonstrate that you are one is something else. All these little pointers are actually quite important if they paint an overall picture of you operating a functional, if rather small, business. So it does no harm to understand what helps.
                    Although corporate email addresses and simialr are pretty much a case of the bleedin' obvious...
                    Agreed but it is about as much use as a chocolate fire gaurd if you understand nothing but these little things which appears to be a trend this week.

Comment

Working...
                    X