• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rugby World Cup: Do fans support their own hemisphere?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rugby World Cup: Do fans support their own hemisphere?

BBC News - Rugby World Cup: Do fans support their own hemisphere?

If France goes through to the final against either NZ or Australia, who will you guys support?

Originally posted by Le Rosbif View Post

If France goes through to the final against either NZ or Australia, who will you guys support?
    None, I'll just watch and enjoy.

I'd like to see Wales go through though, simply because their attitude and approach has been excellent; they deserve it most IMO.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

If it is France then I will be neutral. Cheering good rugby.
      I have no allegiance to France, NZ or Aus so I really do not care.
      Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

For me, a dyed in the wool little Englander it is.

1. Wales
        2. France
        3. NZ
        4. Australia

I reckon that Wales will bottle it against France and that it will be France/NZ final, in which case "Up france"
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Jeez, I am all Les Bleus'd up against Wales. Have to be France; couldn't stand the amount of tulip we'd hear from all the Aussies if they won, and I think it would be funny if the Sheep stranglers didn't win it on home soil.
          Last edited by Zoiderman; 13 October 2011, 09:10.

Comment

AllBlacks if they are there, Frogs if the Aussies are there. Although support is a bit strong - I would prefer the Blacks to win but always enjoy the Frogs when they have their "one glorious game".
            Trouble is as Wales are playing pretty well the Frogs will have their OGG against them and be tulip in the final.

PS - I would welcome a Wales win but that wasn't your question
            Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
            Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

I would like anyone other than NZ to win, not anti NZ, but they are the benchmark against all others are measured so always good if the underdog wins

I would prefer Wales to win the title which will make it all the sweeter when England beat them in the subsequent Six Nations

But any-road-up hopefully a cracking weekend of Rugby coming up .....
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                None, I'll just watch and enjoy.

I'd like to see Wales go through though, simply because their attitude and approach has been excellent; they deserve it most IMO.
                I want Wales to go through because I work with 5 Welsh blokes in Wales, the Welsh live and breathe Rugby.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

As an englisher, I'm firmly supporting wales now. They've played well and their attitude is what makes world champions. If they don't make the final I'm for NZ - would like to see them win it on home soil - would be great for them. If its Australia v France, I hope they play, draw, and then continue ad infinitum until they all drop down dead
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I am English and feel no "support" for any other side.
                    I always tend to hope for a home nations win as I am also British.
                    There was a piece on the BBC web site saying how the Welsh were amazed at the support they are getting from the English.
                    Same report suggested it would not be reciprocated were the boot on the other foot and suggested the same would be true of Scotland or Ireland.
                    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Working...
                    X