• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Foreign owners 'want end to Premier League relegation'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreign owners 'want end to Premier League relegation'

BBC Sport - Foreign owners 'want end to Premier League relegation'

I suppose this rule would come in to play when they are all safely in the premiership. Think the Championship teams may think this is slightly less appealing.

Originally posted by russell View Post
    BBC Sport - Foreign owners 'want end to Premier League relegation'

I suppose this rule would come in to play when they are all safely in the premiership. Think the Championship teams may think this is slightly less appealing.
    If nobody's allowed to lose what's the point of sport?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      I suppose it would all be about the top 4 spots. So the bottom half becomes irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        I suppose it would all be about the top 4 spots. So the bottom half becomes irrelevant.
        So I guess if they're going to sustain something like that as a businesss they'll all have to make little deals to make sure nobody spends too many seasons at the bottom and goes bust.

Comment

Most of the foreign owners are septics non?
          They are mostly used to franchised teams and fixed leagues where the leagues have no hierarchy with each other.

I can imagine them in the background trying to sort deals to make The Champions League a franchise based tournament.

Would make the franchises worth quite a bit I imagine.
          Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
            Would make the franchises worth quite a bit I imagine.
            And football even less interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              That's what they've been teaching kids for the past two decades, sport is more inclusive if the result doesn't mater.

I say bollox, my kids are growing up knowing there's no second prize.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                That's what they've been teaching kids for the past two decades, sport is more inclusive if the result doesn't mater.

So everyone gets a first prize?
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  So everyone gets a first prize?
                  Pedant alert.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

So what if your kid goes to uni and gets a 1:1 but is second placed in the year, according to your teaching they may as well forget it. Best to aim to be in in the top 10 percentile.

Comment

Working...
                    X