• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would be a reasonable response time for an e-mail to my accountant.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would be a reasonable response time for an e-mail to my accountant.

Sent e-mail in June
    Reminder on friday
    Further reminder today
    Had a mail back to say they have received it.

It's not especially complex.

I should say in fairness my standard speed of reply to them can be quite slow - but I'm paying them.

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Sent e-mail in June
    Reminder on friday
    Further reminder today
    Had a mail back to say they have received it.

It's not especially complex.

I should say in fairness my standard speed of reply to them can be quite slow - but I'm paying them.
    Exactly

I sent an email to Nixon williams one FRiday evening about 17:20 and the reply came back just before 18:00, thats service

Comment

A day is reasonable, sometimes longer if it's a complex question but then you should get an acknowledgement and an explanation of the delay.

Is it a difficult question you asked back in June?
      ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
        A day is reasonable, sometimes longer if it's a complex question but then you should get an acknowledgement and an explanation of the delay.

Is it a difficult question you asked back in June?

Dunno - does this look complex?

"Thanks for that - I would appreciate a P45 in order to avoid my new employer operating the emergency tax code - the P45 will have my current tax code on it so they can use that.

Can we (you) do the final corporation tax calcs for the current tax year so that I can get an idea how much needs to remain in the company to settle this? It is extremely unlikely that the Company will trade any further before the next company year end in November."

Comment

A reply within 24 hours would be reasonble and expecte even if it is a difficult question you would expect them to e-mail back saying we don't have the answer but are looking into it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            Dunno - does this look complex?

"Thanks for that - I would appreciate a P45 in order to avoid my new employer operating the emergency tax code - the P45 will have my current tax code on it so they can use that.

Can we (you) do the final corporation tax calcs for the current tax year so that I can get an idea how much needs to remain in the company to settle this? It is extremely unlikely that the Company will trade any further before the next company year end in November."
            A P45 and management accounts then - the P45 could be done quickly enough, and say a few days notice for the accounts just to fit them in with current workload.
            ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
              A P45 and management accounts then - the P45 could be done quickly enough, and say a few days notice for the accounts just to fit them in with current workload.
              Yeah - note I was only asking if it was possible - I was expecting either yes and here's what it'll cost or no - I can't do it until year end for these reasons.

Oh well. Since I have gone permie for the present it's not worth firing them.

Edit: I never got a P45 or a reason why not - I could have issued my own of course and probably should.

Comment

Working...
              X