• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Every little helps.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every little helps.

MyCo year end at the end of the month.

Just twigged that if I invoice on 1st November rather than 31 October, I'll save 0.5% corp tax.

Oops - sorry - meant to post in general. Could someone do the needful?

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
      MyCo year end at the end of the month.

Just twigged that if I invoice on 1st November rather than 31 October, I'll save 0.5% corp tax.
      I thought I was being smart once and tried this. My accountant (rightly) slapped me and told me not to be so stupid lol

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
        I thought I was being smart once and tried this. My accountant (rightly) slapped me and told me not to be so stupid lol
        Why? Don't understand why accountant would have a problem with it?

Comment

Oops - sorry - meant to post in general. Could someone do the needful?
          and call you names? At present we can't do that
          Last edited by northernladuk; 25 October 2011, 19:00.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Why? Don't understand why accountant would have a problem with it?
            Because if you have a history of invoicing on the last day of the month and the revenue do a random check on you, it is one of the first things that they look for - intentionally deferred profits.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
              Because if you have a history of invoicing on the last day of the month and the revenue do a random check on you, it is one of the first things that they look for - intentionally deferred profits.
              Ah, I'm OK then - I have a history of random invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                and call you names? At present we can't do that
                Hmmm - wonder what that said pre-edit?

Mebbe I'll stay where I am then.

Comment

Guess you mean this. Had no idea it was an issue. Will invoice this year, and, with head hung low, will accept whatever insults NLUK cares to throw at me.

Comment

Guess you mean this. Had no idea it was an issue. Will invoice this year, and, with head hung low, will accept whatever insults NLUK cares to throw at me.
                    Moi?? I seen you chew other posters up and spit them out with a knot tied in them.. I am keeping schtum on this one
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X