• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working with Bobs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working with Bobs

So this is the latest breathtaking display of incompetence.

The system we are about to develop has a sharepoint front end. The sharepoint resource was taken back to India for cost reasons, but before he could gather any requirements. Or to be more accurate, he made various excuses about not being able to do any requirements gathering as the dev environment was not ready. True in some small part as he would have needed to do some RnD before making promises that may not be easy to keep on a fixed price project.

So if he had done the possible requirements gathering he would have around 85% of the requirements agreed and signed off by now.

So now he is working off shore, he sent an email asking me to run his requirements workshops for him as I am on shore. Copying in the whole world obviously.

I'm not a sharepoint expert, so am in no position to do this. The PM asked him to back off and just run his own workshops as this is what he was hired to do.

THEN .....

An email goes out to the customer from the off shore guy with an attached spreadsheet for the customer to fill out. A simple 3 column matrix of user role, mandatory fields and non mandatory fields.

So he has sloped the shoulders yet again and asked the customer to design their own dashboards.

This guy is useless, and just exposed that to ClientCo.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Oi! You over there at the back! No, not you, him next to you, can you just nudge him? Thanks! Yep you over there, do you give a sh!t about what Suity is posting? No, oh right, I'll tell him.

Erm Suity, don't know quite how to tell you this but nobody here gives a sh!t.

Comment

Jesus Suity, how fricking difficult is it to design a fricking dashboard. You don't need to 'know' Sharepoint.

You're the BA. Stop blaming other people for requirements.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Jesus Suity, how fricking difficult is it to design a fricking dashboard. You don't need to 'know' Sharepoint.

You're the BA. Stop blaming other people for requirements.
        Dear fcktard,

The advice du jour yesterday was don't help the dead wood. I have designed all that I was asked to do. This guy wants other people to do his job for him. Not going to happen.

Hope this helps

Fckety-by

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Oi! You over there at the back! No, not you, him next to you, can you just nudge him? Thanks! Yep you over there, do you give a sh!t about what Suity is posting? No, oh right, I'll tell him.

Erm Suity, don't know quite how to tell you this but nobody here gives a sh!t.
          Cock off.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Dear fcktard,

The advice du jour yesterday was don't help the dead wood. I have designed all that I was asked to do. This guy wants other people to do his job for him. Not going to happen.

Hope this helps

Fckety-by
            For a fat man, you certainly are a light weight.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              For a fat man, you certainly are a light weight.
              Thick twat. **** off!

Comment

Thick twat. **** off!
                Sounds to me that Bob is making you look stupid. Stoooopid.

If you had a rickshaw ride , you'd land up paying £50.

Comment

So this is the latest breathtaking display of incompetence.

The system we are about to develop has a sharepoint front end. The sharepoint resource was taken back to India for cost reasons, but before he could gather any requirements. Or to be more accurate, he made various excuses about not being able to do any requirements gathering as the dev environment was not ready. True in some small part as he would have needed to do some RnD before making promises that may not be easy to keep on a fixed price project.

So if he had done the possible requirements gathering he would have around 85% of the requirements agreed and signed off by now.

So now he is working off shore, he sent an email asking me to run his requirements workshops for him as I am on shore. Copying in the whole world obviously.

I'm not a sharepoint expert, so am in no position to do this. The PM asked him to back off and just run his own workshops as this is what he was hired to do.

THEN .....

An email goes out to the customer from the off shore guy with an attached spreadsheet for the customer to fill out. A simple 3 column matrix of user role, mandatory fields and non mandatory fields.

So he has sloped the shoulders yet again and asked the customer to design their own dashboards.

This guy is useless, and just exposed that to ClientCo.
                  You are the BA amirite?

You should be telling the codemonkeys what the CSF, KPI and PI is amirite?

You do know what they are in the context of your project? It is summarised in the business objectives section?

I think you should fire your whole project team and give me the role.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                    You are the BA amirite?

You should be telling the codemonkeys what the CSF, KPI and PI is amirite?

You do know what they are in the context of your project? It is summarised in the business objectives section?

I think you should fire your whole project team and give me the role.
                    Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

I am the BPM architect. I designed the BPM processes, and the logical data model. I have completed 155 page F-Spec.

The other guy, the Sharepoint Lead was supposed to requirements gather and design the Sharepoint bits.

Very very simple. Even the folks on here should be able to grasp this really simple premise.

One would hope

Comment

Working...
                    X