• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Procrastination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Procrastination

Basically, I've taken up a gig in an area that is very well-known to me and and instead of being ultra-productive, I find myself very unmotivated. I've negotiated a decent rate so I'd be very happy to continue, but I haven't been very productive lately. Any tips on how to get going?

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
    Basically, I've taken up a gig in an area that is very well-known to me and and instead of being ultra-productive, I find myself very unmotivated. I've negotiated a decent rate so I'd be very happy to continue, but I haven't been very productive lately. Any tips on how to get going?
    From us lot?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Any tips on how to get going?
      white powder

Comment

The first stage in recovery is to admit that you are a slacker.

stand up, right now, and say

'My name is YaSockie. I am a slacker'
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Don't do any work until a few days before the deadline. That way, you'll tulip yourself and work your ass off to complete in fear of being found out, terminated and sued.

Works for me.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I was gonna post a response to this but I CBA
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              I was gonna post a response to this but I CBA
              Never mind, there's always tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Don't do any work until a few days before the deadline. That way, you'll tulip yourself and work your ass off to complete in fear of being found out, terminated and sued.

Works for me.
                That's how I often work as well - in this case, however, there doesn't seem to be a specific or even made up dead-line or goal - it could be that that's killing it for me - I don't see the end of it, when it gets 'done'.
                In software, obviously nothing ever really is done, but you can only progress by setting up goals and sprints and stuff, where I am at the moment, there's no such pressure, thus I feel no urge to do anything....

Comment

That's how I often work as well - in this case, however, there doesn't seem to be a specific or even made up dead-line or goal - it could be that that's killing it for me - I don't see the end of it, when it gets 'done'.
                  In software, obviously nothing ever really is done, but you can only progress by setting up goals and sprints and stuff, where I am at the moment, there's no such pressure, thus I feel no urge to do anything....
                  Is this a government contract?

Comment

Ask to work from home, then you can cover off the client's work in no time and do what the heck you want with the rest of the day... even take on another client.

Comment

Working...
                    X