• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Books on banking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Books on banking

Specifically front-office (risk etc) but with a broader scope i.e. explaining some of the basics too

Any recommendations?

Been working here a while but need to learn more

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by oversteer View Post
      Specifically front-office (risk etc) but with a broader scope i.e. explaining some of the basics too

Any recommendations?

Which area are you in fixed income, derivatives etc? Best to focus on one area and become a Guru, then the £$ will follow. (So I'm told)

Comment

Any recommendations?

When there they usually have loads of free books available explaining it all. Where you working? Or are you looking for a way in?

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
          Which area are you in fixed income, derivatives etc? Best to focus on one area and become a Guru, then the £$ will follow. (So I'm told)
          Yip, but its a crap life. Most of the guys there are an IR35 time bomb too. None are "own business" they all do what they are told, that's the way it is. And many have been there for 3, 4, 5 + years. If HMRC want to hurt contractors they should just visit the IBs.

Personally I'm now getting IB rates outside of IB and couldn't be happer!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
            Yip, but its a crap life. Most of the guys there are an IR35 time bomb too. None are "own business" they all do what they are told, that's the way it is. And many have been there for 3, 4, 5 + years. If HMRC want to hurt contractors they should just visit the IBs.

Personally I'm now getting IB rates outside of IB and couldn't be happer!
            I worked in banking in my last contract but found it boring and full of characters I would prefer not to spent a large part of my waking life around. Much happier with current contract outside banking.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
              I worked in banking in my last contract but found it boring and full of characters I would prefer not to spent a large part of my waking life around. Much happier with current contract outside banking.
              Or as most call them back stabbing to55ers. Never been in an industry where everyone is so blatantly bad mouthing everyone else "behind their back". Still, you get good rates

Comment

I am working at a supplier to various banks. Basically they do outsourced software for monitoring trades, risk and controlling trading platforms. I'd like to know a bit more detail on how the "customers" do their work..

Comment

I'd like to know a bit more detail on how the "customers" do their work..
                  They are basically psychopaths who gamble.

The 1% are the very best destroyers of wealth the world has ever seen | George Monbiot | Comment is free | The Guardian

Comment

Specifically front-office (risk etc)
                    Can someone remind me if vega is named after Las Vegas and because it measures how vague the price is?

PS I always liked Hull myself

Comment

Working...
                    X