• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract of the day? :-)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract of the day? :-)

PMO Delivery ManagerLocation: London Salary: £1 per day + Negotiable Date posted: 07/11/2011 17:55 Job type:Contract Company: C0mputer Pe0ple Contact: 4ndrew Lunt Ref: CWJ0bs/283942-A Job ID: 52104427 C0mputer Pe0ple are recruiting on behalf of a blue chip Client for a PMO Delivery Manager to be based onsite in London for 6 Months
    Short Description:

Complete Description:
    - Successful candidate should have proven track record delivering projects either as Project Manager or PMO lead / analyst.
    - Must have experience of managing and maintaining detailed plans using MS Project, interfacing MS Project to MSAccess & Excel in order to deliver planning analysis reports .
    - Advanced User of MSAccess [i.e. comfortable and able to create MSAccess database and reports / macros and necessary VBA to meet target reporting timelines].
    - Advanced user of MSExcel
    - Previous experience of working on a large programme is essential.
    - Strong communication skills essential.
    - Advanced knowledge of planning, risk and issues, dependency management essential
    - Executive level status reporting essential
    - Able to get information from very busy people, must be personable and effective
    - Able to juggle multiple data sources and threads of work to bring together into tight timelines
    - Knowledge of Change Control Processes
    - Able to work with very busy people

Behaviour Characteristics:
    Strong communication skills essential. must be personable and effective

Palnning and estimation Required Highly Proficient
    Executive Status Level Reporting Required Highly Proficient
    Financial Management Required Highly Proficient
    Risk and issues Required Highly Proficient
    Excel Required Highly Proficient
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Able to work with very busy people
    That's a new one!

Comment

Very Busy People

Originally posted by NervousRexx View Post
      That's a new one!
      I saw that - what the hell is that?

Its also fortunate that the mistake in the Agents name was on his first name. If it had been on his surname...........

Comment

Originally posted by SneakySimon View Post

Its also fortunate that the mistake in the Agents name was on his first name. If it had been on his surname...........
        I'm not sure. What if the people are too busy to work with?
        Maybe it means to have the ability to not be shrugged off with the 'too busy, come back later.....' line - can be a tricky one.

Comment

Plenty of contracts get advertised this way with what I presume is the default value.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakySimon View Post

I changed the names so they shouldn't appear in searches.
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
            X