• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BNP Paribas - 15% rate cut

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BNP Paribas - 15% rate cut

I can understand them cutting rates as all the other banks have but why go one better? 15% as opposed to 10%.

Hoping Italy goes bust so these c***s go under!

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
    Hoping Italy goes bust so these c***s go under!
    Then it will be a 100% cut.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Then it will be a 100% cut.
      And more banking contractors in the market helping to put downward pressure on rates? 15% is a hell of a cut though, guess if other banks see this happen they may well follow suit.

Comment

Bearing in mind Barlcays[sic] cut 10% and then 4 months later walked 800 or so contractors of site in Knutsford they are not doing this for a laugh.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
          And more banking contractors in the market helping to put downward pressure on rates? 15% is a hell of a cut though, guess if other banks see this happen they may well follow suit.
          Indeed. And hot on the heels of the barclays 10% cut.

Comment

Source????
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Source????
              Source is ME. Agent called this morning.

All the other guys are getting their calls too.

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
                Source is ME. Agent called this morning.

All the other guys are getting their calls too.
                Predicted here
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Some banks take advantage of the doom and gloom and make the cut. I doubt any of them would be worried about a contractor earning 500 quid per day consuming all their cash resources. Somewhere some HR girlie will be getting a bonus because she managed to get the costs down by introducing a 15% cut.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    Some banks take advantage of the doom and gloom and make the cut. I doubt any of them would be worried about a contractor earning 500 quid per day consuming all their cash resources. Somewhere some HR girlie will be getting a bonus because she managed to get the costs down by introducing a 15% cut.
                    I don't believe this. Just bank bashing propaganda. I would however expect it is a book balancing exercise to make their numbers look more attractive with the current scrutiny they are under and nothing to do with bottom line or anything for the long run.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X