• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone worked for REP or Logica ??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone worked for REP or Logica ??

Hi

Has anyone contracted or worked thru' Resource Engineering or Logica ? If so, any advice please ?

Originally posted by NLT View Post
    Hi

Has anyone contracted or worked thru' Resource Engineering or Logica ? If so, any advice please ?
    Went to a recruitment day at Logica when I left Uni, they like to see how quickly they can burn you out, drop you in at the deep end is another fav.

I didn't join them.

Not sure what they are like to contract with.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      Went to a recruitment day at Logica when I left Uni, they like to see how quickly they can burn you out, drop you in at the deep end is another fav.

I didn't join them.

I had a contract once, where Log provided a 'consultant' for 28 'free' days which they hoped would bring them a new client.

This dude's answer to everything was 'do a storyboard'.

I think he wanted us to draw cartoons like 'Bash St kids do workshops' kinda thing. He was there for the full 28 days and didn't accomplish a thing lol.

On the other side of the coin, one of the best PM's I ever had was from the same place and he didn't know tulip about anything but he sure got the best out of everyone else and in doing so was quite successful.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post

I didn't join them.

I did actually join them after I left Uni. They were OK to work for then, but that was many moons ago.

In recent years, the rates they've been offering are so low I haven't ever bothered with them. I can imagine they are pretty much the same as IBM, Accenture, etc. - want their pint of blood (and much more) for very little remuneration.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

went though a selection process for logica the week before last

was printing off the contract when I got a call to say they didn't have sign off for the agreed rate

Comment

Working...
          X