• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EBuyer £1 sale today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EBuyer £1 sale today

Looks like their website can't handle the traffic.

Oh dear.

Looks like they've DDOS'd themselves.

Though the £1 offers are mostly pure tat so not worth even looking unless you are short of a cable or something generally cheap anyway.

I think they may have more serious network/server problems. Their site was behaving oddly yesterday when I was looking at prices on a few components. One minute it was ok the next it wasn't responding.

Edit: looks like there are loads of people continuously pressing F5 to try to get on the site to bag some of the limited stock offers available (such as ropy old monitors for a quid), only for them to be out of stock by the time they get to the end of the checkout process (if they ever get that far). One way to keep greedy muppets entertained.
    Last edited by PAH; 28 November 2011, 13:18.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Finally got it to load - there's naff all there, though.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Finally got it to load - there's naff all there, though.
        That's marketing for you. Just like how you see a big queue for a club or social venue, decide to give it a try, and find it's crap when you finally get in.

Unknown to many, most of the queue are fakers who go out the fire escape and rejoin after getting in.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Site's working fine now that the sale has ended.

I was going to buy a new stylus for the DS. Oh well - have to go to poundland instead.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
          X